Head of Marketing
Location: Hybrid working some office days are preferred
Salary: £Competitive +Generous Benefits Package
Fathom was formed by a team of world-leading scientists at the University of Bristol in 2012 in the field of modelling flood risk. Now a global authority within this critical area of research and practice, Fathom has significant growth plans. Having recently received funding from Moody’s Corporation, it is now poised to scale up rapidly.
As we head toward and ever-uncertain climate future there has never been a greater need to be able to accurately predict where and how floods will impact people, the environment and physical assets.
At Fathom we intend to play our part in helping deal with these ever-increasing challenges – and we need the best people to help us achieve our mission.
Working with international clients and partners across (re)insurance, engineering, government/NGOs and ESG, Fathom’s data are used to provide industry-leading insights and intelligence.
The business is made up of a team of academics, scientists, coders, commercial people and communicators all working toward the same goal – to create and deliver world-beating data & flood risk intelligence where it is needed most.
The next phase of Fathom’s development is ambitious and it is being made possible by recent additional investment. The target is to transition from a £2m to a £10m+ business within a two-year timeframe and continue to grow rapidly beyond that.
This growth will be achieved by adopting a sales driven approach whilst continuing to build out its product roadmap.
THE ROLE: Head of Marketing
This role will report into the CEO and will be targeted with building a marketing team capable of marketing Fathom’s products globally across its key verticals. With only 2 members of the marketing team currently in place, You will need to expand, organise, motivate and mentor the team to ensure the business hits its ambitious, yet realistic, growth targets.
- Recruit, grow and lead a high performing team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Create a clear marketing strategy and budget for Fathom’s products across its key verticals and geographies and manage delivery against that budget.
- Contribute to the product strategy in collaboration with the Chief Product Officer and his team and provide strategic input to Fathom’s go to market strategy for its products.
- Establish the appropriate structure for the team across the relevant verticals and geographies.
- Create an effective partner/channel strategy with input from the CEO and founders and recruit effective channel managers.
- Develop appropriate KPIs and a target-based strategy for the team in ways that support the achievement of Fathom’s business goals.
- Develop a strong, productive working relationship with Fathom’s small (and growing) sales team, ensuring that its marketing efforts underpin and support its sales strategy
- Use a data driven approach with regard to all responsibilities, including in relation to competitor analysis; market analysis; creating G2M strategy; measuring the effectiveness of marketing strategies etc.
- Ensure the team delivers high quality marketing and communications execution.
- Ensure a full and comprehensive awareness and understanding of Fathom’s products and services amongst its target verticals.
- Perform the necessary due diligence and research on target clients and partners
- Drive best practice utilisation of Salesforce and Hubspot.
- Support the CEO and CSO in driving growth revenue strategy through the sales team.
- Generate reporting back to CEO and leadership team to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Create and deliver a structured onboarding and training programme for new marketing team members.
- Be the company authority on marketing strategy.
- Create and lead a high performing marketing team that supports Fathoms business goals.
- Effectively positioning Fathom within the competitive landscapes in which it operates.
- Create and lead an effective team with each individual clear on their target areas and how to deliver them.
- Ensure Fathom achieves significant and sustainable business growth via the combined efforts of its marketing and sales teams.
- Experience in building high performing marketing teams from scratch.
- Experience in working within a highly technical B2B environment and creating compelling messaging across a range of verticals and geographies.
- Experience of working within a scale up.
- Experience of working in businesses with diverse routes to market (principally direct and via channel partners).
- Relevant industry experience – if not flood risk modelling, SaaS, InsureTech, or similar.
- Commercially minded
- Customer Driven
- Analytical with a high degree of attention to detail