Location: Commutable distance to Bristol - Hybrid role office attendance at least once a week.
Salary: £Competitive + Generous benefits package
Fathom was formed by a team of world-leading scientists at the University of Bristol in 2012 in the field of modelling flood risk. Now a global authority within this critical area of research and practice, Fathom has significant growth plans. Having recently received funding from Moody’s Corporation, it is now poised to scale up rapidly.
As we head towards an ever-uncertain climate future there has never been a greater need to be able to accurately predict where and how floods will impact people, the environment and physical assets.
At Fathom we intend to play our part in helping deal with these ever-increasing challenges – and we need the best people to help us achieve our mission.
Working with international clients and partners across (re)insurance, engineering, government/NGOs and ESG, Fathom’s data are used to provide industry-leading insights and intelligence.
The business is made up of a team of academics, scientists, coders, commercial people and communicators all working toward the same goal – to create and deliver world-beating data & flood risk intelligence where it is needed most.
The next phase of Fathom’s development is ambitious and it is being made possible by recent additional investment. The target is to transition from a £2m to a £10m+ business within a two-year timeframe and continue to grow rapidly beyond that.
The Role - Project Manager
This role reports to the CPO and is responsible for structuring and implementing Fathom's work programme. This includes the product roadmap and external projects and involves working with all relevant departments (technical, marketing, and product). You would translate our product roadmap into a project plan, set key milestones, assist other teams in developing their detailed plans, and coordinate all teams accordingly to stay on track and enable a smooth delivery.
- Create and implement a product delivery plan
- Coordinate external projects
- Coordinate between product, scientific development, software development and marketing teams
- Ensure best practise project management approaches are instilled within the company
- Effectively allocate resource and track progress
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our product and different client verticals
- Communicate with our customers to gain product feedback where appropriate
- Advise internal stakeholders on scope, time frames, design etc. and act as an effective escalation point to notice and resolve issues and ambiguity.
- Enable information flow with the relevant parties
- Remove blockers and ensure effective operation using agile processes
- Ensure the smooth delivery of the project plan and external projects
Skills & Experience
- Relevant qualification
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Experience in the agile methodology
- Experience with SaaS projects
- Experience with start-ups / scale-ups
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- Can do attitude
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Attention to detail
- Product & Project Management
- Fathom Bristol - UK
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Location of work
- Hybrid (some office days preferred)
We offer some great benefits to support our team!
Private Medical Insurance - Group Life Assurance
Group Income Protection
Health Cash Plan
Enhanced Family Policies
Pension Contributions Matched Up To 10%
28 Days + Bank Holidays
Subsidised Gym Memberships
Access To Mental Health Cover and Support
Cycle to work scheme
Personal training & development
Fathom is a global specialist in hydrology, flood modelling and flood risk intelligence. Having formed in 2013, the organisation now works with a number of strategic partners to deliver a range of products, across many verticals, including (re)insurance, engineering, ESG, climate change, international development and disaster response.
Developed out of the University of Bristol Hydrology Group, Fathom is research-led with science and academia remaining an essential part of its DNA. Regularly contributing peer-reviewed papers to the best journals in the world, the team have long been established as leaders within the academic community.
Loading application form
Already working at Fathom ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.