Business Development Executive
Salary: £35,000 - 45,000 Depending on experience, plus uncapped commission and generous benefits package
Location: Remote - You can be based anywhere in the world
Fathom licenses flood hazard data, flood catastrophe models and digital terrain data on a global, regional and local basis. Fathom’s flood and catastrophe models also take into account climate change, using a range of climate models, enabling clients to select particular climate change scenarios in which they are interested.
The company was as formed by a team of world-leading scientists at the University of Bristol in 2013 in the field of modelling flood risk. Now a global authority within this critical area of research and practice, Fathom has significant growth plans. Having recently received funding from Moody’s Corporation, it is now scaling up rapidly.
A key component in creating our flood hazard and catastrophe products is an accurate global terrain data model. In conjunction with the University of Bristol, Fathom created FABDEM, a global geospatial elevation map that has forests and buildings removed.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to take ownership of selling FABDEM and other datasets in the Fathom portfolio. You would be responsible for actively seeking new sales opportunities and follow-up inbound queries for this product both in the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities in a nutshell
- Identify and contact new potential customers in order to generate new business globally (strong focus on outside of the UK).
- Analyse the market for FABDEM across different verticals and (working with the Marketing team) create a prioritised plan to sell FABDEM into those verticals.
- Respond to inbound queries and take ownership of these to convert them into new sales.
- Attend physical and virtual events in order to drive new conversations with relevant target customers.
- Create, maintain and nurture a pipeline of target prospects.
- Utilise Salesforce and be diligent about creating/managing all data and activities.
- Participate in marketing and sales campaigns.
- Providing feedback to the Product team on what customers want to see in future versions of FABDEM.
- Provide commercial feedback re pricing, licensing models etc to Fathom’s CSO/leadership team.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in selling geospatial data products/services.
- Previous experience selling products or services outside of the UK via online channels
- Demonstrable track record in hitting and exceeding sales targets.
- Success in selling both directly and via channel partners
- Identification and onboarding channel sales partners
- Consultative approach to selling.
- Ability to communicate clearly the benefits of data products and to tailor the products features and benefits to your target audience.
- Ability to work remotely but as part of the Fathom team
- Proactive self-starter who can work independently with a cooperative attitude.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to operate effectively within the sales cycle.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with stakeholders in a professional and ethical manner.
- Customer oriented with a high level of professionalism.
- You are comfortable on the phone and in face-to-face meetings and don’t shy away from these or favour only electronic means of communication.
- Diligent and resilient personality.
- Experience of managing your pipeline in Salesforce or equivalent CRM